Sanghas (sitting groups)
- Earth and Spirit Center (Christian Contemplative and Buddhist Traditions). Introductory and continuing meditation classes, monthly day-long sits, MBSR programs, retreats and many other interesting workshops and events.
- Tashi Gomang Dharma Center (Tibetan)
- Loose Leaf Hollow Spiritual Retreat Center
- Doug Van Houten offers a variety of other journeys for discovering the meaning and destiny at the heart of each life including world-shifting Soulcraft intensives. and weekend experiential programs. Check out his website.
- Mindful Parenting Workshops and Mindful Living Series and other rewarding mindfulness-based programs as well as 1:1 and couple's psychotherapy offered by Shelly Sowell. Check out her website for more info.
- Goenka Vipassana- 10-day courses offered around the world - donation only. Nearest center is just outside of Chicago. An excellent way to deepen your practice and connection with the body in a very tight and supportive container.(note: know that you don't have to devote yourself to this particular tradition or any of it's dogma to benefit from 10 days of intense practice.)
- Integral Zen - courses offered around the US and some in Europe
- Spirit Rock - Jack Kornfield's center in California
- Insight Meditation Society - Joseph Goldstein, center in Barre, Mass